Welcome to the Sparks and Spooks of SPOCs and MOOCs! This course takes you on a journey to discover the nuts and bolts, the myths and truths, and ultimately, the sparks and spooks of SPOCs and MOOCs models in the context of Technology Enhanced Learning. Steadily, the course walks you through a conversation about SPOCs and MOOCs to help you form your own opinion about what matters and what doesn’t when it comes to teaching and learning with online technologies.
Upon the course completion, you will be able to demonstrate awareness about:
- emerging trends in the context of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL)
- contemporary theories that inform online learning models
- an ongoing conversation about the phenomena of SPOCs and MOOCs
- the best providers of MOOCs and SPOCs
- course design for MOOCs and SPOCs
- video lectures for MOOCs and SPOCs
- copyright licensing (Creative Commons)
The module is built on a story of a Learning Journey that unfolds as you progress from one session to another. Therefore, it is recommended to watch the videos and complete the tasks in the sequential order from the first to the last session. You will find all the necessary study material including lecture scripts, recommended tasks and reading in the Course Guidebook. Bon Voyage!
The Sparks and Spooks of SPOCs and MOOCs
SELF-STUDY ASSIGNMENTS, LECTURE SCRIPTS AND READING
Contact your own University for information regarding guided studies based on the materials.
THE MODULE CREATED BY UNIPS
Content: Alona Chmilewsky, Hanken School of Economics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.