Mari Murtonen, University Researcher, Adjunct Professor in University pedagogy, University of Turku
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Taking this module gives you competencies to:
- Understand the basic elements of planning of teaching
- Use learning-focused approach in the planning of your teaching
- Plan constructively aligned teaching and collaborate with your colleagues in the planning of teaching
If you want to study independently take the quiz and watch the video about a model that supports you to plan your teaching. Read also articles 1-3. All the materials are available for self-study. If you want to earn credits contact your own University to ask possibility for guided study. Please note: the aim of the quiz is to support you to reflect your thoughts and approaches to teaching and the results are not "absolut truths"!
- Postareff, L. & Lindblom-Ylänne, S. 2008. Variation in teachers’ descriptions of teaching: Broadening the understanding of teaching in higher education. Learning and Instruction 18 (2008) 109-120.
- Trigwell, K. & Prosser, M. 2014. Qualitative variation in constructive alignment in curriculum design. Higher Education 02/2014; 67(2), 141-154.
- Entwistle, N. & Nisbet, J. 2013. The nature and experience of academic understanding. The Psychology of Education Review 37 (1), 5—14.
GUIDED STUDY: Contact your own University for information regarding guided studies based on the materials.