LEARNING OUTCOMES: Taking this module gives you competencies to:
- Understand the basic elements of planning of teaching
- Use learning-focused approach in the planning of your teaching
- Plan constructively aligned teaching and collaborate with your colleagues in the planning of teaching
If you want to study independently take the quiz and watch the video about a model that supports you to plan your teaching. Read also articles 1-3. All the materials are available for self-study. If you want to earn credits contact your own University to ask possibility for guided study. Please note: the aim of the quiz is to support you to reflect your thoughts and approaches to teaching and the results are not "absolut truths"!
- Asikainen, H., Parpala, A., Virtanen, V. & Lindblom-Ylänne, S. 2013. The relationship between student learning process, study success and the nature of assessment: A qualitative study. Studies in Educational Evaluation 39 (2013) 211–217.
- Trigwell, K. & Prosser, M. 2014. Qualitative variation in constructive alignment in curriculum design. Higher Education 02/2014; 67(2), 141-154.
- Entwistle, N. & Nisbet, J. 2013. The nature and experience of academic understanding. The Psychology of Education Review 37 (1), 5—14.
- Gijbels, D., Van de Watering, G., Dochy, F. & Van den Bossche, P. 2005. The relationship between students’ approaches to learning and the assessment of learning outcomes. European Journal of Psychology of Education, 2005, Vol. 20(4), 327-341.
GUIDED STUDY: Contact your own University for information regarding guided studies based on the materials.
THE MODULE CREATED BY UNIPS
Content: Mari Murtonen, Professor of Higher Education Pedagogy, University of Turku