- Funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture (Opetus - ja kulttuuriminsteriö)
- One of the three divisions in the larger thematic project "Enhancing pedagogical and digital teaching and supervision skills in higher education"
- Coordinated by University of Turku.
- Leader: adjunct professor Mari Murtonen (University of turku)
- The goal is to develop a common platform for University Pedagogical studies for all partner Universities.
- The idea is based on a University of Turku pedagogical online learning project UTUPS, www.utupedasupport.utu.fi, which was created in 2015-2017 with Turku University strategy funding.
Pedagogical goals of the platform
- Easy to use, easy to access
- Relevant and interesting content
- Creation of cooperative knowledge
- Development of teachers self reflection and expert knowledge
- Modelling pedagogical ideas
UTUPS modules (planned):
- Becoming a teacher (already available)
- Lecturing and expertise (already available)
- How to plan my teaching? (already available)
- How to plan my course?
- Competency-based teaching and curriculum
- Standards, guidelines and quality assurance in teaching and learning
- Group processes in learning
- Utilising the ideas of flipped learning
- Pedagogics in digital learning
- SPOCs and MOOCs in online education
- Creating and utilizing working life contacts in learning and teaching
- Entrepreneurial teaching and learning
- Other modules to come
Meeting of the 8 partner universities in Turku 11.12.2017
University of Turku
Tampere University of Technology
University of Eastern Finland
University of Jyväskylä
Lappeenranta University of Technology
University of Oulu